Job no: 497263
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Finance / Business Support
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Analysis this position is responsible for supporting the development, maintenance and reporting of the University’s operating and capital budgets. This position works as an integral member of the Finance team to provide budget management and financial support to the campus community while ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations.
Responsibilities include supporting both the University’s designated, restricted and capital budget processes as well as the tactical efforts of the Finance team (monthly reporting, user training, account analysis, campus inquiries, financial systems, etc.).
The Budget Analyst will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with various departments and support the Finance Office’s mission of providing superior customer service to the Campus community about financial and administrative matters to ensure the overall needs of the University are met.
• Enable and provide support to budget managers in the budget process, revenue and expense projections, reporting needs, and other specialized financial / business analyses
• Serve as a campus liaison for budget training and budget questions. Includes but is not limited to, assisting academic and staff personnel in understanding financial reports and data, in controlling their costs and budgets, and in fulfilling budgetary requirements
• Support University forecasting efforts for both operating and capital budgets
• Assist in the design, development and optimization of the University’s various budget planning tools (software), including but not limited to creating and maintaining models and assumptions, reports, integrations and access security
• Assist in formulating and documenting budget controls, policies and workflow processes
• Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of forecast models for revenue and expenses
• Support the Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Analysis in the technical development and maintenance of long-term budget planning and financial forecasting
• Assist the Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Analysis in maintaining and reviewing position control
• Partner with Human Resources on position review, creation and maintenance within Workday
• Preparation of EADA survey in coordination with the Senior Associate Controller
• Serve as a liaison to the Facilities office and other departments across campus for capital and non-capital projects
• Compile and prepare analysis of University programs, departments, and divisions budget trends
• Participate in the development of business plans and project models for current or proposed University initiatives
• Support the analysis and assessment of resource allocation and process improvement opportunities
• Partner with staff to identify opportunities to enhance financial and business effectiveness
• Serve as an administrative liaison and resource to the Campus community in projecting and monitoring initiatives and projects for the University
• Work with key stakeholders to develop metrics and processes ensuring anticipated outcomes are achieved and financial measures are in place
• Review, edit and support the posting of budget adjustment requests
• Monitor/review general ledger journal postings and resolve issues
• Actively support a diverse and inclusive workforce
• Support the Finance Office in other areas as appropriate and other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and 2 years of financial and/or budgetary experience; OR
• Six years of financial and/or budgetary experience; OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Proficiency with desktop computer software applications MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and long-term budget and financial planning models
• Prior experience with data mining (querying large data, verifying data integrity and organizing results)
• Prior support of the budgeting, forecasting, and analysis processes including the documentation and presentation preparation related to their outcomes
• Prior experience supporting projects (self-managing) impacting a variety of constituents
• A results driven focus with proven problem-solving skills, an ability to troubleshoot situations and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Strong organizational skills to work independently as well as a member of a team and the ability to prioritize workload
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents in both written and oral forms
• Appreciation for and understanding of a mission-oriented University including a focus on service and ability to work within a collaborative team environment with cross-functional teams
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
• Experience working in a non-profit or higher education environment
• Experience with Workday Finance, Adaptive Planning, PFM Synario or other SaaS platforms
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $52,500-65,625. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- tuition remission, exchange and grants for the employee, spouse/spousal equivalent, and children (with credit for full-time, benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education)
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend