Associate Director of Annual Fund Marketing & Participation
Job no: 497190
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As a member of the Marketing, Strategy & Outreach (MSO) team, the Associate Director of Annual Fund Marketing & Participation will lead the team’s fundraising efforts centered around affinity and demographic groups such as Reunion, Athletics, Young Alumni, Parents, Faculty/Staff, Student Philanthropy and others. This role will be a strong partner to the Director, Annual Fund Marketing & Participation, and will develop strategies and coordinate a variety of campaigns that engage diverse audiences (alumni, parents, faculty/staff, students, and friends). These efforts aim to drive donor retention, acquisition, and outreach efforts through multiple communication channels including direct mail, email, digital, social media, texting and student calling. This position reports to the Director, Annual Fund Marketing & Participation.
- Develops and executes strategies centered around affinity and demographic groups to solicit, acquire, renew and retain donors. Proposes innovative giving strategies that might require partnership with UA and campus partners.
- Leads implementation of direct marketing efforts (mail, email, social media, texting, calling, web) for solicitations and communications. This includes: writing and editing communications and solicitation materials; determining audience; working in a CRM to create marketing efforts; exporting and manipulating data; utilizing an email marketing and social fundraising platform; designing and coordinating the production of various annual giving materials; working with design/production team and/or liaising with other external vendors; ensuring that all marketing and solicitation projects are completed on time and error free; editing and analyzing communications and solicitation material or content prepared by others.
- Creates robust Reunion solicitation strategy for all classes, with strong focus on 25th and 50th Reunions, including development of class participation and dollar goals to increase support. Develops appeal language, campaign page/giving forms and other items as needed to achieve goals. Works closely with partners in Center for Alumni Engagement (CAFE) to inform and motivate Reunion volunteers. Partners with Strategic Philanthropy (SP) team to implement individual giving strategies.
- Develops and coordinates fundraising strategies related to event participation in close partnership with CAFE and other campus partners.
- Participates in the strategy and execution of large, collaborative projects such as giving days.
- Researches and develops messaging and direct marketing tactics to embrace and embolden participation from recent graduates and young alumni.
- Analyzes initiatives and tracks progress on financial and participation goals for fundraising efforts.
- Develops and ensures appropriate stewardship for fundraising efforts, including use of platforms such as ThankView.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of fundraising, direct marketing or closely related experience OR a combination of education and closely related experience (the individual must demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed using a combination of skills and experience).
- Demonstrates ability to develop strategic plans, set objectives, and achieve program goals.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to tailor communications to diverse audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and manage details to successfully meet aggressive deadlines and project goals.
- Demonstrates analytical skills, preferably related to fundraising/marketing campaigns and ability to determine and implement data-driven strategies.
- Demonstrates high level of technical knowledge including database functions/reports, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and tact, ability to interface professionally and to maintain confidentiality.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s events including blocks of time for major events such as Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming, and other event support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory approval
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM or another database/CRM is preferred but not required.
- Experience with direct marketing.
- Fundraising experience.
- Understanding or awareness of non-profit operations, annual giving fundraising and direct marketing/persuasive marketing and communication strategies.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend