Data Analyst & Coordinator
Job no: 497021
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Director, Annual Fund Marketing & Participation, the Data Analyst & Coordinator is responsible for data management and analysis of initiatives in support of the University’s annual giving, engagement and advancement efforts including direct mail, email, social, digital, texting and student calling. The incumbent will provide data files, run reports, provide analysis on solicitation and engagement efforts, create and maintain processes in the MarComm functional area (MarComm) of Blackbaud CRM and provide recommendations on constituencies to target. The position will work with the Marketing Strategy & Outreach (MSO) team and other members of University Advancement to leverage data insights and evaluate marketing campaigns and outreach efforts, with the ultimate goal of increasing donor participation, annual fund revenue and engagement.
- Under guidance of the Director, Annual Fund Marketing & Participation, manages all aspects of the Marketing & Communications functional area (MarComm) of Blackbaud CRM including but not limited to: creation and set up of appeals; creation of direct marketing efforts; creation and management of current and new segments and selections for marketing efforts; development and communication of processes; training of users; and partnering with Advancement Information Services (AIS) to continuously improve and optimize use of MarComm to achieve goals.
- Provides data files for marketing efforts, ensuring files are formatted and segmented appropriately for end-users.
- Synthesizes information and develops key findings that provide results and drive strategy within the department by evaluating giving performance trends and opportunities within specific constituencies and segments to make actionable and evidence-based recommendations. Prepares functional, visually appealing and easy-to-read reports.
- Provides expertise in the constituent database and manages communication-related data requests from UA and campus partners, advising on timing, content and delivery methods. Works closely with AIS to ensure communication-related data requests are fulfilled accurately and timely.
- Proactively manages time-sensitive communications including campus information or solicitations.
- Ensures proper integration with platforms and sub-systems, including but not limited to EMMA, GiveCampus, ThankView, VanillaSoft and Cvent.
- Manages constituent preferences, including creation, maintenance and advising on appropriate coding.
- Under direction of MSO leadership, works closely with AIS to develop, create and produce reports on financial, participation, and programmatic progress. Reviews reports regularly to make recommendations. Provides year over year comparisons and trends.
- Partners with MSO leadership to execute stewardship and pledge fulfillment initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree OR four years of experience in managing or working closely with a database required.
- Blackbaud CRM experience a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit development and project management a plus.
- Demonstrates analytical skills, preferably related to fundraising/marketing campaigns.
- Strong computer, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Advanced written communications, use of presentation software, analytical skills, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Mid-level user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s events including blocks of time for major events such as Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming, and other event support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory approval
This is a full-time, 12-month, 35-hour per week, non-exempt, benefits eligible position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend