Bursar Services Coordinator
Job no: 496629
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
The Bursar Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounts receivable function in the Bursar Services area of the Finance Office. This position reports to the Bursar Services Manager and will work closely with other members of the Finance Office team as needed. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-exempt position.
• Responsible for all transactions flowing into the accounts receivable database including monitoring for compliance with rules and regulations of various governmental organizations, such as PHEAA and the U.S. Department of Education.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the accounts receivable function, including, but not limited to: preparing and running monthly billing invoices; processing receipts, disbursements, correspondence, and returns of various federal and other alternative loans; performing reconciliations; running population selections and various letter and email generation; and providing guidance and information to students and families on payment or financing of University fees.
• Assist the Bursar Services Manager with the collection of past due accounts.
• Serve as liaison to various areas on campus that interact with Bursar Services.
• Maintain the day-to-day transactions within the staff loan program.
• Provide back-up support for the Federal Perkins Loan program.
• Act as backup to Bursar Services Manager in daily cash management and act as backup cashier and journal entry processor when necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining and processing summer housing billing and credits.
• Manage the day-to-day activity and relationships with the monthly payment plan vendor.
• Alternate with other members of the Bursar Services team in making daily deposits to the University’s local banking branch accompanied by Public Safety.
• Assist campus-wide users with the University’s accounts receivable ERP system.
• Assist with the testing and documentation of the various software systems within the Bursar Services area.
• Actively support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Support the Finance Office in other areas as appropriate and other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in accounting, finance, business information systems or related field
• Five years' of similar experience in a bursar or equivalent office
• Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures, including accounts receivable and collections procedures.
• Familiarity with governmental guidelines relating to financial aid.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new technology, software, and systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents in both written and oral forms.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with confidential data.
• Appreciation for and understanding of a mission oriented University including a focus on exemplary customer service and the ability to work within a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
• Experience working in higher education or other non-profit environment
• Experience working in Banner Student and/or Workday Finance
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend