Faculty Engagement and Inclusion Office Assistant
Job no: 497493
Position type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Clerical / Support, Academic Affairs
The Faculty Engagement and Inclusion Office Assistant provides general administrative support for the activities of the Associate Provost's Office. This position reports to the Associate Provost, Faculty Engagement and Inclusion.
• Provide administrative support and oversee daily office operations.
• Create presentations and documentation; manage correspondence and calendar.
• Conduct basic background research to support office projects and programs.
• Process confidential and sensitive information on a timely basis;, utilizing sound judgment.
• Attend meetings, take notes and execute action items with exemplary service.
• Plan programming and activities including but not limited to retreats, training and speaking engagements.
• Prioritize key tasks, and ensure the appropriate allocation of time and effort to achieve the required results while working independently.
• Assist the Associate Provost for Faculty Engagement and Inclusion (APFEI) with various other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Support and contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Participate in campus-wide or department specific strategic projects, committees and working groups as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines while balancing daily tasks and responsibilities.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills.
• Proven success in a fast-paced, public setting, with the ability to be flexible, to make independent judgements in answering or referring questions, and in dealing with a broad spectrum of individuals, while ensuring a strict code of confidentiality.
• Technical proficiency in relevant applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to collaborate, influence and establish trust with campus partners. Previous experience building relationships and working with sensitive and confidential information.
• Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and work both independently and in teams within a service-oriented organization.
• Demonstrated cultural competence with a sound foundation in diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
• Two Years of Administrative Office Experience
• Experience working in higher education
This is a casual, part-time position though May 31st. This role is not eligible for University benefits.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Non-exempt position with a hiring range of $15.09-18.86 (NE06). The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend