Visiting Assistant Professor, Chemistry
Job no: 497387
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Department of Chemistry at Bucknell University invites applications for a one-year faculty position at the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor to begin August 1, 2023. Teaching responsibilities will include courses in physical and/or general chemistry, including laboratory sections. The teaching load is six courses for the academic year (three per semester). A Ph.D. or ABD in chemistry or a closely related field is required.
New faculty at Bucknell University have opportunities for professional development at the department level as well as through programming offered by our Teaching and Learning Center. We seek candidates who are committed to creating a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.
A complete application will include: cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching interests and experience, and the names and contact information for two professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applications must be submitted through http://jobs.bucknell.edu.
Teach six courses per year in physical and/or general chemistry
Ph.D. or ABD in chemistry or a closely related field and a commitment to inclusive teaching.
This is a full-time, exempt, 10-month, benefits-eligible faculty position.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, primarily undergraduate, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, management, education, and music.
Bucknell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education are encouraged.
Bucknell is committed to creating a climate that fosters inclusion, growth, and development for a diverse student body, and seeks candidates who are also committed to these goals.
Bucknell is committed to supporting the teacher-scholar model of faculty development. With a student-faculty ratio of about 9:1, small class sizes are a hallmark of the Bucknell educational experience. The university sponsors a range of activities to support the development of its faculty, including a Teaching-Learning Center and generous research support and leave policies.
Bucknell is located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, on the banks of the Susquehanna River. The Lewisburg area offers a combination of outdoor recreation opportunities and small-town amenities. In addition to the cultural and athletic events offered at the University and in town, the region offers strong schools and medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. Bucknell is about three hours from Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend