Professor of Real Estate Practice (Open Rank)
Job no: 497375
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Accounting & Financial Management
The Accounting and Financial Management (ACFM) Department in the Freeman College of Management at Bucknell University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position to begin (preferably) in August 2023. This is a renewable appointment with an initial term of three years. We will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will be qualified to teach courses in real estate in support of the burgeoning real estate minor and lead efforts to develop co-curricular programs to complement our existing real estate offerings for students across the University. The teaching load is five courses per academic year. Bucknell’s strong alumni base offers numerous opportunities to foster industry engagement. Specific expectations include student advising, supporting activities of the student real estate club, working with the advisory board to develop internships and other career opportunities and collaborating with university advancement to enhance program funding. Longer-term goals could include the establishment of a center for real estate.
Qualified candidates will hold at least a master’s degree in a relevant field and possess substantial professional experience (10+ years) in the real estate industry. A demonstrated commitment to teaching undergraduates is required. Candidates will be expected to maintain faculty qualifications consistent with the AACSB accreditation standards for clinical faculty. The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of, or potential for, engaging in ongoing professional activities, such as consulting or participation on boards related to their professional background.
At the Freeman College, we recruit faculty members, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds who bring myriad viewpoints to our community, thereby facilitating the cultivation of curiosity, open-mindedness, humility, enlightened perspectives, and other valuable traits critical for learning and growth. We seek candidates who ensure respect for a wide variety of positions, raise perspectives that may not otherwise be vocalized in the classroom, and are eager to advise and mentor students from multicultural and underrepresented student groups.
The approximately 700 undergraduate students in the AACSB-accredited Freeman College of Management may choose among five highly interdisciplinary majors that combine courses in the various fields of management with offerings in the arts, humanities, natural and social sciences, and engineering. Our innovative curriculum and world-class teacher-scholars earned Freeman College a top 20 ranking in the 2023 Poets & Quants’ annual survey of undergraduate business programs. We believe that an undergraduate education that combines technical skills and deep intellectual exploration is the best preparation for thoughtful and capable leaders. Clinical faculty members must be capable of contributing to this mission through teaching, advising, and service.
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree in a field appropriate for teaching courses in real estate.
- Candidates must have either compiled a record of teaching excellence, or demonstrate potential for teaching excellence.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For additional information, and to apply, please visit Bucknell's career site (careers.bucknell.edu). Applications will only be accepted online. We intend to conduct first round interviews remotely. Complete files must include
- A letter of application,
- A current curriculum vita,
- A statement of teaching and advising philosophy, including evidence of exceptional teaching, or promise of teaching excellence.
- A statement describing experience(s), training, or engagement with issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion with students or co-workers.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt, non-tenure-track faculty position.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, primarily undergraduate, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, management, education, and music.
Bucknell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education are encouraged.
Bucknell is committed to creating a climate that fosters inclusion, growth, and development for a diverse student body, and seeks candidates who are also committed to these goals.
Bucknell is committed to supporting the teacher-scholar model of faculty development. With a student-faculty ratio of about 9:1, small class sizes are a hallmark of the Bucknell educational experience. The university sponsors a range of activities to support the development of its faculty, including a Teaching-Learning Center and generous research support and leave policies.
Bucknell is located in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, on the banks of the Susquehanna River. The Lewisburg area offers a combination of outdoor recreation opportunities and small-town amenities. In addition to the cultural and athletic events offered at the University and in town, the region offers strong schools and medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. Bucknell is about three hours from Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend