Compliance and Student Services Coordinator
Job no: 497328
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services, the Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day creating, maintaining, and monitoring of a compliant environment that results in clear institutional control of all athletic programs relative to Conference and NCAA legislation as required by NCAA Division I membership. Further responsible for assisting coaches and student-athletes for 27 programs and approximately 700 student-athletes in interfacing with University, Conference, and NCAA offices. Position also serves in role of Academic Enhancement support.
1. Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services in establishing and maintaining a program which will ensure proper transmission of NCAA, Patriot League and University rules and interpretations to coaches, other athletic department staff and student-athletes.
2. Coordinate an education program for the athletics staff and regularly update for new rules and interpretations.
3. Develop and continually evaluate the effectiveness of a comprehensive compliance orientation and rules education program for new staff members who are hired in the Department of Athletics and Recreation.
4. Direct a program for conducting rules/eligibility meetings for student-athletes to ensure that athletes receive a strong message about the commitment of the department and coaches to comply with the rules and are informed of their individual responsibilities for compliance.
5. Coordinate the system for disseminating information on current rule interpretations that affect coaches and staff.
6. Respond in a timely manner to requests by coaches and staff for rule clarification and interpretation.
7. Disseminate information on new NCAA or Patriot League interpretations and legislation, and assisting the development of new guidelines/procedures for incorporating changes to existing compliance functions and administrative systems.
8. Work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services on the tracking, approval and reporting of NCAA Student Assistance Fund.
9. Coordinate the scheduling and operation of the Academic Enhancement Program, including but not limited to the WiFi Jetpack and Loaner Laptop program.
10. Support and coordinate the University's NCAA National Letter of Intent program in conjunction with the Patriot League.
11. Assist with Department compliance/business processes database, ARMS software.
12. Monitor and approve coaches recruiting activities, CARA log submissions and coordinate Name, Image and Likeness education.
13. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the compliance services area.
- Bachelor's degree
- Background in NCAA compliance and/or work within legal industries
- Prior experience in a Division I Intercollegiate Athletics compliance office
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $39,120 - 48,900 (E05). The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend