Gift Processing and Data Management Coordinator
Job no: 497219
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, University Advancement / Alumni Relations
As part of University Advancement, the Gift Processing and Data Management (GPDM) Coordinator helps with preparing, updating, and managing data for gifts, pledges, and constituent information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The system provides the data infrastructure for UA activity and this role is an integral part of the team that helps to ensure the integrity of the data. This position reports to the Director, GPDM.
In this role, you will:
- Carry out data preparation and integrity responsibilities with the highest level of confidentiality and attention to detail while working closely with the GPDM team.
- Manage the mail distribution for UA and handle all mail related to gifts and pledges to Bucknell University.
- Review and prepare donor information for gift entry while following university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Create constituent records in the database for new donors to the University.
- Maintain daily financial information including cashier batch reports and department total records.
- Complete and mail matching gift forms with required documentation requested by the company.
- Generate gift receipts for donors and provide related information/reports to internal departments and associated fundraisers.
- Prepare and mail memorial, honorarium, and third-party credit gift acknowledgements.
- Prepare and mail monthly pledge reminders.
- Provide customer service by answering external and internal inquiries via phone or email including assistance with gift issues and questions.
- Scan gift and pledge documentation into the document imaging system and comply with record retention policies.
- Research returned mail using online tools and correspondence to obtain updated biographic data and enter into CRM.
- Monitor data integrity reports and departmental emails for appropriate referral and follow-up.
We are looking for someone that has:
- High School diploma or GED and two (2) years of experience working in an office setting OR an associate’s or higher degree OR a combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (including Word and Excel)
Additional experience (Preferred):
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising
- Experience with data management and/or gift processing
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM
- Experience working independently and as a team
This position (and all positions in our division) requires the occasional evening and weekend work to support university events including Homecoming/Family Weekend, Reunion Weekend, and large Career events. We do ask staff to mark their calendars in advance for these events. Also, UA may occasionally coordinate on-campus or off-campus events/activities outside of standard business hours.
Who we are:
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the GPDM Coordinator helps with preparing, updating, and managing data for gifts, pledges, and constituent information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The system provides the data infrastructure for UA activity and this role is an integral part of the team that helps to ensure the integrity of the data.
This full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is an non-exempt position with a hiring range of $16 - $19.99. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to) -
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- tuition remission, exchange and grants for the employee, spouse/spousal equivalent, and children (with credit for full-time, benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education)
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend