Student-Athlete Enrichment Post-Graduate Fellow
Job no: 497119
Position type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Student-Athlete Enrichment Post-Graduate Fellow will primarily assist the Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director/Chief of Staff/SWA in executing the Bucknell Athletics’ Student-Athlete Enrichment program supporting 27 teams and 750+ student athletes. In addition, they will help plan and execute major department events/workshops/speakers, assist with committee initiatives as well as special projects. This position is a one year position, working approximately 30 hours per week (including some nights and weekends) for 33 weeks. This is a non-benefited position, and pay for this position starts at $15/hr and has the potential to increase from there based on the skills and experiences the candidate brings to the position.
• Assist with the planning and execution of all aspects of the Student Athlete Enrichment program that focuses on, health and wellness, professional development, academic support, leadership, community service and social responsibility
• Serve as a co-advisor for Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
• Provide marketing and promotional support of resources and events using internal and external platforms including social media
• Plan and support department special events such as the student athlete welcome back picnic, giving tree collection, National Girls and Women in Sport Day, etc.
• Support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives for campus and Patriot League
• Assist with planning, tracking and execution of community service events including building and maintain relationships with community partners
• Build and foster relationships with campus partners to collaborate on workshops, events and support resources for student-athletes and coaches
• Support the Bucknell Athletics Leadership Institute including identifying new program and speaker opportunities
• Serve as referring agent to department as well as on-campus resources and for support services and programming
• Work on specialty department projects with the Executive Senior Associate AD
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• A strong desire to pursue a career in the field of sports management and/or athletic administration
• Familiarity in engaging with students in a collegiate athletics setting regarding leadership and welfare initiatives and academic support services
• Experience using technology for communication (including social media), data collection, and assessment
• Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work with time sensitive projects
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with very strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a diverse fast paced student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Familiarity with engagement programming and offerings through special event planning and communication
• Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work with others
• At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics
• Advanced certifications or a master’s degree in related field
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend