Center for Career Advancement (CCA) Coordinator
Job no: 497070
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
Lead with Integrity
Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
Be Open and Receptive
Nurture Creativity and Innovation
Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the mission of the Center for Career Advancement is to educate Bucknellians in the art of integrating an individual's career goals with their varied academic and life experiences. We encourage students and alumni to learn the process of making informed and thoughtful career decisions by providing diverse learning experiences, quality resources, career expertise and the opportunity to create meaningful connections with an engaged university community.
The Coordinator for Employer Engagement collaborates with fellow CCA team members and is responsible for supporting the ongoing employer engagement initiatives within the Center for Career Advancement. This position will utilize a web-based recruiting system and has key involvement with recruiting activities. Additionally, this position provides support for planning and logistics for employer events and fairs, industry spotlight events, job postings for alumni, and other office needs.
This position reports to the CCA Lead Coordinator/Operations Specialist and works closely with other CCA colleagues.
• Manage catering needs and assist with logistical details of employer visits, programs and events
• Coordinate and manage the scheduling and use of interview rooms for in person, phone, and virtual interviews
• Schedule & advertise Graduate and Professional School information sessions and information tables
• Provide assistance in the oversight, planning, and logistics for employer events and fairs
• Assist with student, employer and alumni awareness, preparation, and participation in career events
• Assist with student and alumni career events, both on and off campus as needed
• Work closely with employer relations team on the recruiting process and cultivating activity to enhance recruitment of Bucknellians
• Assist with developing new and expanding/maximizing existing relationships with a wide variety of employers interested in hiring Bucknell students and alumni
• Provide logistical support for Industry Spotlight events and job leads sourced through Bucknell Connect
Administrative Responsibilities/Customer Service:
• Serve as a first point of contact for the office for all walk-in, telephone, voice mail and email activity with undergraduate students
• Serve as first point of contact in greeting and welcoming employers, alumni and parent guests.
• Work independently and make decisions regarding appropriate referrals for student and alumni needs
• Enter data and maintain confidential student and alumni records, utilizing the CCA and UA databases
• Coordinate office supply orders
• Assist with other office functions and activities as needed
• Participate in CCA staff and team meetings
• Must maintain a strict code of confidentiality
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three years of experience in an office setting
• Demonstrates ability to handle effectively a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those that are sensitive in nature
• Experience that demonstrates exceptional organizational and time management skills, independently setting own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines
• Demonstrates proficiency with technology such as Microsoft Word and Excel, presentation software, databases, internet/email usage, etc.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills with grammar, document formatting, proofreading and research
• Commitment to learning and using recruiting software and advanced features of Word and Excel
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s events including blocks of time for major events such as Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming, Career Events, and other event support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory approval. Also required is a commitment to attend, participate or facilitate on-campus or off-campus events/activities outside of standard business hours as needed.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience as senior secretary or administrative assistant
• Experience with database/constituent management systems
• Experience with advanced features of Excel & database reports (pull, sort & analyze comparative data)
• Experience in the coordination of large and small scale events
• Experience in a college setting
This is a full-time, 12-month, 35-hour per week, non-exempt, benefits eligible position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend