Administrative Assistant, Facilities
Job no: 497063
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Facilities, Other, Clerical / Support
This position is one of three assigned to the Facilities Department front office. The incumbent will be actively engaged in work at a level requiring significant independence including human resource related functions, such as coordinating with Human Resources and other organizations to schedule safety and general training sessions, taking the lead in for the training and the performance appraisal processes, coordinating and managing staff and student and internship hiring and compliance, generating the related reports and serving as a liaison regarding workers’ compensation, and HR system issues. This position also has responsibility for processing purchase documents for goods and services and reconciling own departmental procurement cards and will function as the primary backup person for managing the Facilities’ financial system.
The Administrative Assistant routinely interacts and communicates with Facilities Project Managers, Directors and other Facilities staff at various levels within the organization, as well as the campus community and outside vendors and contractors. Due to the nature of the work involved, the position requires an individual who is detail oriented, a self-starter, a team player with a positive demeanor, and capable of independently resolving problems and providing outstanding customer service. This position demands upholding strict confidentiality, and requires firmness when requiring compliance with University and Department policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the Director of Business Operations.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible non-exempt position.
● Serves as the department’s human resources liaison and provides support for staff and student employee searches. Assists hiring managers with employment searches to include, but not limited to, maintaining job descriptions, scheduling interviews, and assisting with coordinating and managing searches within and outside of the University’s recruitment management software. Assists with the onboarding of and departmental orientation for new employees. Coordinates seasonal/summer employment searches in collaboration with Human Resources.
● Monitors, updates, and maintains employee rosters and personnel information as appropriate. Runs reports, compiles information, and analyzes data as requested for management.
● Creates and maintains the Cost Capturing document and runs the reports, compiles data, and responds to inquiries about charges from other departments.
● Assists in managing the work order system by coordinating the timely and appropriate response by the department to requests for both emergency and routine work orders, and enters data on work orders to ensure that the statuses remain current and visible within the work order management system.
● Schedules driver physicals and other required physicals as necessary in support of the Respirator Program.
● Schedules safety and general training sessions. Serves as a member of the Facility's safety committee and functions as the coordinators or meetings, dissemination of notes and tracking of progress.
● Prepares and distributes daily, weekly, and monthly reports and spreadsheets as required. Serves as the primary backup person for managing the Facilities’ financial system
● Performs general administrative and office duties to support departmental activities including but not limited to, ordering organizational clothing, name tags, and business cards in support of new employees.
● Functions as the point of contact and knowledgeable individual for the Human Resources program for staff training and performance appraisals.
● Prepares purchase orders for supplies and services through electronic purchasing system; assigning numbers, accounts, descriptions, prices, and delivery dates.
● Reviews and follows up on outstanding purchase orders to ascertain status and take appropriate action.
● Acts as a resource within the Facilities Department on procurement matters. Addresses issues and responds to inquiries regarding purchases and purchasing procedures.
● Maintains purchasing documents, files, data, and records to ensure the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and guidelines.
● Reconciles all departmental procurement cards on a monthly basis. Utilizes the procurement credit card as needed.
● Serves as a member of the University's buyers group.
● Provides information for monthly newsletter as requested including, but not limited to, reports on staff training.
● Cross trains and serves as back up support for the other Facilities Office staff.
● Works with other Facilities Office Assistants on departmental communications tools.
● Adheres to OSHA standards, employs safe practices, and follows safety policies/procedures. Uses PPE in a safe manner, sets examples for others, notifies supervisors of potential hazards, and demonstrates good housekeeping habits.
● Supports and promotes the University’s sustainability efforts.
● Performs other duties as required.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Three years of administrative/office experience.
● Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and other similar software programs.
● Strong customer service focus and time management and organizational skills.
● Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to enter large volumes of alpha/numeric data into a computerized system.
● Demonstrated ability to work with numerous interruptions, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
● Strong interpersonal skills, exhibited by the ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, discretion, and strict confidentiality with all persons both within and outside the department.
● Ability to understand oral and written instructions and procedures.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member; take initiative, use good judgment, and communicate effectively.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
● This position is classified as part of essential services. Individual may be required to report to work even if campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed otherwise by facilities supervisor; or when the individual has concerns related to their personal safety.
● A post offer criminal background.
● Ability to work occasional overtime as required.
● Knowledge of University procedures, and experience with integrated databases such as: Workday (Human Resources management) and TMA (work order management).
● Associates Degree in a business related field.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible non-exempt position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend