Job no: 497049
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments – that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team of more than 100 individuals is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement seeks to create significant relationships between Bucknell and its alumni and parent communities to help secure resources necessary for the University to fulfill its educational mission.
The Events Coordinator receives work and guidance from assistant directors serving as event managers (as well as program managers and directors within the Center as needed) for responsibilities that contribute to and are supportive of assigned events. The Events Coordinator shares ownership in the Center’s success, has responsibilities that help ensure constituents have a positive experience (that exceeds expectations) during interactions with Bucknell and helps achieve the UA and Center strategic objectives.
The Events Coordinator is part of a team of coordinators and focuses on specific events within CAFE and assists with other events as needed.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director, Event Systems.
- Creates event registration sites and emails within the designated software for assigned events using provided content, branding and style.
- Ensures proper review, testing and approval of event registration sites and emails.
- Ensures data is accurate and up-to-date in our event database and communications calendar. This includes event details, registrant and attendee information and when emails are scheduled to be sent.
- Provides friendly, knowledgeable customer service through email, phone or in-person interactions by assisting those who have event-related questions or need help with registration, refunds or other issues as they arise.
- Creates event-related reports as needed for assigned events.
- Provides name tags and other printed materials for events as needed and requested.
- Assists event managers as needed with coordinating event spaces and catering needs.
- Submits requests as needed to the Print, Publications & Mail office for graphic design, print and mailing needs.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and coordinates and manages staff volunteers for onsite registration during events.
- Manages and respects confidential and sensitive information.
- Participates in continuous improvement plans for the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement and for events.
- Builds surveys and shares responses as needed.
- Assists with other office functions and activities as needed and participates in regular staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of customer service or office experience.
- Experience that demonstrates exceptional organizational and time management skills, independently setting own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work with and provide customer service to people from diverse backgrounds in a respectful and professional manner.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to learn how to use a variety of computer-based programs and platforms to perform essential job duties such as data entry, word processing, drag-and-drop website design, etc. Training is provided for the specific programs and platforms that we use and prior experience with our specific programs and platforms is not required.
- Experience that demonstrates mid-level or higher skills in Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office.
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s events including blocks of time for large campus weekend events such as Family, Reunion and Homecoming Weekends, as well as other event support as required. Exceptions require supervisor approval.
May be requested to travel on occasion.
Some mild to moderate physical activity (with accommodations) may be necessary.
- Experience that demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill with any computer-based programs and platforms related to data entry, word processing and/or drag-and-drop (or other) website design. The specific platforms we currently use include Cvent, Smartsheet, Emma, Basecamp and Blackbaud’s Advancement Module.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to provide support and guidance to staff and volunteers during events.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt (hourly), benefits-eligible position based in Lewisburg, Pa.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend