Office Coordinator, Diversity & Inclusion
Job no: 496765
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Student Affairs, Clerical / Support
The Office Coordinator plays an integral part in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) at Bucknell University. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students for Diversity and Inclusion and works collaboratively and in support of the Directors of International Student Services, LGBTQ Resource Center, Multicultural Student Services, Religious and Spiritual Life, and the Women’s Resource Center. The Office Coordinator is responsible for advanced clerical support, administrative oversight, and overall management of the central Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the departments that comprise this unit. The Office Coordinator works with many different constituencies, must have strong communication and computer skills, and must demonstrate an interest in and sensitivity to persons of different gender, racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, and/or national backgrounds. The Office Coordinator will regularly engage with sensitive and confidential information and must exhibit good judgement in accordance with University policy.
• Prepares and monitors departmental budgets, reconciling purchase cards, travel reimbursements, and other office expenditures for departments in Workday.
• Assists the Associate Dean and Directors with correspondences, scheduling, travel arrangements, and events, in addition to associated record keeping and reporting.
• Oversees the Events Management System (EMS) for Diversity and Inclusion, to include reservations, room setup, and catering coordination.
• Assists with department webpage maintenance and marketing/publication materials, using ADOBE Creative Suite and other content management systems.
• Manages the processing of contracts.
• Oversees the effective functioning of office equipment in addition to arranging the necessary support for repairs and maintenance.
• Supervises all student employees, to include student assistants, mentors, and Fremont Scholars, and coordinates all payroll functions.
• Maintains appropriate departmental records as required by University policy.
• Coordinates the D&I Administrative Assistants to provide leadership, increase communication, and collaboration.
• Organize the D&I calendering process and the distribution of marketing materials.
• Serves as the department coordinator for keys and virtual and physical entry points.
• Assists with mailings and letter issuance as needed.
• Manage and respond to phone, email, and other inquiries.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years of office experience.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability and willingness to learn new programs and technologies.
• Good organizational skills, including ability to work independently and perform many tasks simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
• Awareness of issues related to socioeconomic status; gender identity; expression of sexuality; race and ethnicity; ability; national origin; religious and interfaith; and the relationship between power and privilege.
The individual in this position must have a desire to work with people (specifically traditional college age students) and be able to work with confidential and sensitive information. Some schedule flexibility is a necessity. This individual must support the goals and objectives of the department and commit to a student centered environment that supports diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend