Investment Operations Analyst
Job no: 496653
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
Reporting to the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations, this full-time position is responsible for executing cash management and investment accounting and reporting activities. The Investment Operations Analyst will further assist the Investment and Finance Office with special investment and accounting projects for the university's investment assets. This position works as an integral member of a team with the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA), the Director of Investments, the Associate Vice President (AVP), Treasurer & Controller, Associate Controllers, Strategic Portfolio Advisor (SPA), and Finance Office staff in the overall financial management of Bucknell University. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
1. Investment Operations and Administration:
● Maintain a record of and assist in the execution of endowment cash flow and transaction activity; to include data entry into University financial system and Excel workbooks, analysis and monitoring of treasury activity including external and internal cash accounts, private investment cash flows to and from investment managers, and preparation of required documentation. Requires close collaboration with the Finance Office, Accounts Payable, and external brokerage/custodian firms.
● Collaborate with a third-party administrator and the Finance Office in maintaining Investment Book of Record (IBOR) for assets of the pooled Endowment, including data integrity checks and internal monthly/quarterly cash flow activity and valuation reconciliation.
● Assist the strategic portfolio advisor (SPA) and third-party administrator in preparation of Endowment performance and attribution reports to meet requirements to the Investments Committee of the Board of Trustees.
● Maintain investment document archives to ensure compliance with Internal Revenue Service/Audit regulations and internal requirements for investment activity; to include existing manager and investment advisor reports, cash and trade transaction support, investment legal documents, existing investment profiles, and documentation of new and existing manager due diligence.
● Assist the Finance Office in maintaining a record of investment activity within the general ledger system; to include journal entries and maintenance of IBOR Excel templates.
● Respond to existing manager requests as is related to operations of the investment.
● Maintain the Investment Operations Manual to document the process and procedure in carrying out the assignments above.
2. Serve as primary liaison with the operations and accounting professionals at the University’s SPA, third-party administrator, and other external vendors.
3. Support, with assistance from the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations, Finance Office, and close relationship with University auditors, the investment office audit process and procedures in completing requirements for the University’s annual audit.
4. Assist Finance and Investment Office personnel to prepare supporting schedules and reconciliations for industry surveys, Moody’s quarterly liquidity reviews, annual and semi-annual endowment reports, NACUBO survey, and other reporting requirements of the University.
5. Assist with preparing reports and meeting documents for the Investment Committee of the Board of Trustees as required.
6. Assist the Investment and Finance Office in other operations/investments/special projects assigned by the Director of Investments and Endowment Operations.
7. Perform additional duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
● At least 3 years of experience and familiarity with accounting and investment measurement principles
● Demonstrated knowledge and comfort in the use of various cloud-based and operating technologies, most notably Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Google Workspace/Gmail.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with University constituents in both written and oral forms
● Appreciation for and understanding of a Finance and Investment Office’s role in a University setting, including a focus on service and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
● Appreciation for socially responsible investment principles and integration of environmental, social, and governance factors into an investment process
● Willingness/interest to pursue the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) and/or a related advanced degree.
● Familiarity with Workday and Fundhub
● Familiarity with video/web conferencing platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams preferable and e-signature platform, DocuSign and/or Adobe
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend