Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 496619
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Department of Athletics & Recreation at Bucknell University is seeking applicants to join the staff as Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. The position of Assistant Athletic Trainer is to assist the head athletic trainer and staff with the delivery of health care to student athletes of athletic programs operating from the sports medicine facilities at Bucknell University. The position provides supervisory function in all phases of athletic training in the traditional collegiate setting.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Assist in implementing the Sports Medicine Program in the Stadium & Fieldhouse.
a) Administer policies for the health care of student-athletes.
b) Administer record keeping protocols for use in the sports medicine department.
c) Maintain student-athlete record system.
d) Assist in supervision of training room procedures.
e) Assist in clinical affiliation with universities with programs in athletic training and supervising student trainers from those programs.
2. Assist in the delivery of care and prevention services for select sports.
3. Supervise operation of satellite athletic training operations.
4. Provide services for outside events being performed at Bucknell University facilities.
5. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the Sports Medicine Program.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. National certification through the N.A.T.A., State Certification (by law)
3. Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
1. Master's degree in Sports Medicine or related field of study
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This job classification is listed as a Category I as required by OSHA for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend