Workday Program Manager
Job no: 496487
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Library & IT
Library and Information Technology at Bucknell is a unified organization that has evolved dramatically, shedding over time many of the distinctions that frequently separate university library and information technology departments. Library & Information Technology takes pride in its accomplishments and its important role at Bucknell. Staff members are committed to professionalism, excellence, and service through: innovation and creativity; collaboration; diversity and inclusion; integrity; trust and trustworthiness; and communication and transparency.
The Workday Program Manager provides big picture assistance to oversee and coordinate the various constituents committed to optimizing the success of Bucknell’s investment in Workday’s enterprise resource platform. This position provides strategic direction for the continued design and deployment of the Workday platform. This position reports to the Vice President for Library and Information Technology and works closely with the Workday Executive Sponsors (Vice President for Finance and Administration, Vice President for Human Resources, and Vice President for Library and Information Technology).
All Library & Information Technology staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Workday Program Management:
• Chair and lead the Workday Optimization Committee (WOC), which includes managing agendas, priorities, planning, budgeting, meetings, and vendor relations. Serve as a liaison with applicable Workday consulting relationships or partnerships.
• Execute functional and business goals on behalf of WOC.
• Serve as subject matter expert on the Workday solution, including integrations, systems security, and reporting.
• Provide annual WOC assessment and recommendations for changes/improvements, strategies and tactics surrounding Workday updates and releases, etc.
• Keep abreast of and evaluate the feasibility of Workday updates, features, system modifications, and enhancements.
• In conjunction with WOC, oversee the ongoing design, deployment, and maintenance of the Workday system.
• Serve as a strong consultative partner to business users and functional leaders to continuously improve and optimize service delivery, enhancing opportunities to apply creative, out-of-the-box solutions.
• Provide regular updates to the Workday Executive Sponsors and other senior leaders to keep them informed of Workday challenges, successes, and opportunities for improvement.
• Take guidance and direction from the Workday Executive Sponsors as appropriate.
• Extend these roles and responsibilities to include exploring other Workday solutions such as Student, Recruiting, Learning, Prism Analytics, and other solutions.
Communication, Training, & Support:
• Communicate and translate Workday vison/strategy to staff and cross-functional teams.
• Develop, oversee, coordinate, and execute communications and training efforts related to the Workday system and related process changes, including coordination of leadership forums, employee newsletters or alerts, informational sites and manuals, training curriculum, and other related assets.
• Collaborate with designees in Human Resources for Workday training requirements.
• Own and maintain Workday support assets, including the website FAQs, Workday Training, Workday Community, etc.
• Regularly review Workday Community for brainstorms with the potential impact for success at Bucknell.
• Attend and actively participate in Workday and peer learning and networking events.
• Measure the effectiveness of communication and training to identify improvement opportunities.
• Proactively lead and improve change management initiatives including communication strategies that will ensure effective and efficient results based on audience/objectives.
Policy, Business Process Improvement, & Reporting:
• Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen.
• Obtain a deeper understanding of current business processes to identify areas of optimization.
• Serve as project manager to collaborate with HR, IT, Finance and other business partners to identify new Workday functionality, business process challenges and improvements, relevant Workday mid-year updates, and module-by-module optimization, while avoiding duplicate efforts and maximizing the Workday utility. Develop a Workday Roadmap for future enhancements, including analytics that assess Workday success and identify strategies to address concerns. Transition and transfer knowledge and application to Workday functional roles.
• Conduct analysis, preparation, and testing of new functionality along with the WOC and Subject Matter Experts.
• Stay abreast of Workday best practices; champion these to incorporate into solutions.
• Review and respond to help desk tickets as well as requests made within the Workday request framework specific to areas of responsibility. Assist with other tickets and requests as needed.
• Develop ticketing and request analytics that enable informed and strategic decisions on technology and business processes.
• Design and develop reports, dashboards, and/or data visualizations for presentation to all levels of leadership and staff. Assist staff with the creation of advanced reports to support their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as create ad hoc reports as required.
• Consider and participate in University discussions, planning, and execution of how Workday interacts with other current or potential campus systems.
• Actively support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities with a commitment to the social, environmental, and financial sustainability of University resources.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Two (2) years of advanced Workday experience (may include experience with business process development, being a subject matter expert in a functional area, or other relatable/transferable experiences)
• Five (5) years of experience working in an IT, HR, and/or Finance role
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and facilitate technology-related planning processes
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make local decisions based on national and local trends
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to successfully explain complex technologies to a non-technical audience, creatively solve problems, and develop innovative solutions
• Strong familiarity with multi-organizational business practices and demonstrated success with communicating regularly with senior management and across the team
• Demonstrated strength in relationship building and consensus building, be service oriented, possess team leadership, and have demonstrated project management skills
Exempt employees are required to work as much time as is necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position without additional compensation, even if the work is performed beyond “normal” work hours.
• Experience in a liberal arts setting, with an understanding of current issues in higher education
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend