Events Management and Transportation Coordinator
Job no: 496485
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support, Other
The Events Management and Transportation Coordinator will support the operational tasks related events, transportation, and serve in a support role for the University Switchboard. This is a full time (30 hours per week), temporary (approximately 6 months), non-benefits eligible position within the Events Management Office.
Job duties include:
• Process EMS (events management system) vehicle/driver requests by coordinating the scheduling and allocation of the University's motor pool vehicles and buses in support of University activities.
• Perform Transportation Billing by adding codes and mileage data into database for departments and organizations billing.
• Ensure that the Transportation Services Policy is adhered to.
• Coordinate vehicle maintenance with Facilities.
• Handle issues that arise such as break downs, misplaced vehicles, and un-returned delinquent keys.
• Accumulate and report information on weather, road conditions or construction, airport delays, and public transportation schedules.
• In consultation with the director and executive director, make determination to "ground" fleet due to inclement weather, when appropriate.
• Drive shuttles where/when needed.
• Support the Office of Events Management in scheduling and event support as needed which will include occasional nights and weekends.
• In a support role, this position will be cross-trained on the duties for the University Switchboard. This includes:
- Answering calls to the University's Switchboard
- Assisting in placing outgoing calls
- Monitoring the emergency alarm system
- Assisting visitors and other university personnel.
- Providing evening and weekend support as needed for University events.
Diversity & Inclusion Expectation:
• Has significant prior experience working with a diverse workforce
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in providing outstanding customer service in an office setting.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, orderly and methodical working style, proficient follow through and follow up skills, and a positive personality who is proactive.
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and efficiently to emergency situations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, to adjust priorities in a very busy environment, and work independently.
• Proficiency with computer systems (Excel & Word), the internet and standard office equipment.
• A valid driver’s license which has been valid for a minimum of 2 years.
• Must pass a University Motor Vehicle Record review.
• Previous office/receptionist experience is helpful.
Office environment, ability to make quick, thoughtful decisions in stressful or emergency situations.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend