Equipment Room Assistant
Job no: 496472
Position type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Equipment Room Assistant is responsible for laundry services and distribution of athletic apparel for women's sports. This is a part-time, 2nd shift position.
1. Perform assigned tasks with loyalty, integrity, and professionalism.
2. Assist in the completion of all locker security system re-assignments.
3. Assist with accurate record keeping.
4. Assist in the process of identifying inventory control problems to include non-return of items by individuals; return of assigned items by individuals; and anticipating lack of inventory for disbursement.
5. Assist in the disbursement of materials on a daily basis.
6. Assist in the laundering of clothing and towels.
7. Assist in the inspection of deliveries with special attention given to the accuracy and completeness of the delivery as stated by the purchase order.
8. Assist in advising appropriate staff personnel regarding purchases to be made with special emphasis on maintenance or disbursement in the future.
9. Perform additional assigned tasks as needed within the equipment management area.
10. Perform some mending tasks using automatic sewing machine.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, as well as have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds
1. Previous experience with athletic programs and/or inventory/supply work in a service environment
2. Ability to effectively enforce policy and to effectively communicate in written, typed, and oral form
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend