Associate/Senior Associate Director of Athletics – Administration
Job no: 496467
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Associate/Senior Associate Director of Athletics - Administration reports directly to the Director of Athletics and Recreation and is a member of the Department's sports management and administration group, in addition to the Deputy AD, SWA, and other senior level staff. The Associate/Senior Associate Director of Athletics will supervise, manage, and evaluate assigned varsity sports programs. In this role, he/she will work closely with assigned coaches to schedule practice and competitions, as well as coordinate necessary support services (e.g., facilities, athletics training, business services, compliance services, academic services, etc.).
In addition to sport management responsibilities, the position will serve as the Department's academic liaison and will be responsible for overseeing the financial aid and admissions process as it relates to varsity athletics recruitment. The successful Associate/Senior Associate Director of Athletics - Administration will partner with Human Resources as the Department’s hiring manager and liaison. He/She will work closely with the Director of Athletics and Recreation in the Department's strategic planning efforts and in the development, coordination, and execution of program policy and procedures.
The successful candidate will be hired into the Associate or Senior Associate role following review of their skills and experience against the minimum qualifications for the position. Candidates hired at the level of Senior Associate level will be responsible for all duties listed below, but will also be responsible for oversight of the NCAA Compliance and Student Services area, as well as serve as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for matters related to gender equity within athletics.
- Supervise varsity sports programs as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Serve as the department's primary liaison with Admissions and Financial Aid, managing the Admissions-Athletics recruitment process
- Primary contact with Academic Deans, addressing student-athlete intersections in the athletic and academic spaces.
- Liaison to the Office of the Dean of Students, partnering in items related to conduct, students of concern, and other resources.
- Liaison to Human Resources, serving as department hiring manager and facilitating talent management system.
- Serve on the senior management team of the Department of Athletics and Recreation.
- Assist with the department's strategic planning and policy development and implementation.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
- Serve on the Committee on Athletics as primary liaison for the department.
- Represent the department at the HR Roundtable.
The Associate/Senior Associate Director of Athletics – Administration will provide experience and expertise that contributes to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Associate Director of Athletics - Administration minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) years of experience in athletic administration or comparable experience as it relates to the duties of the position
- Proven ability to manage and support intercollegiate varsity athletics programs
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments effectively
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working with collegiate coaches, university/athletics administrative and support staff, and student-athletes
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, NCAA rules compliance
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to e-mail correspondence, word-processing, and the ability to learn new technologies
To be hired at the Senior Associate Director of Athletics - Administration level candidates must have eight (8) years of experience in athletic administration or comparable experience as it relates to the duties of the position.
- Prior work experience at a comparable institution
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend